Friday 27 February 2015

My go to products for a nude lip!

Hello readers, 
Today's post is going to be my go to Nude lip! So I have to admitt I jumped on the Kylie Jenner nude overdrawn lip trend, she is beautiful and her lips are seriously cool,I mean just look at her!
 As I mentioned in my "My Trip to Newcastle" post I did go to Mac and I tried to get the lip pencils she uses but they were all sold out unfortunately. I like my lip routine I'm doing at the moment so I'll hold of on the Mac lip liners until there back in stock and mine run out. 

The first product I use is a lip balm, 
I have three shown in the picture below and I feel that they all work really well for just a quick bit of moisture before I apply my lip pencils or lipsticks. 
The products I use to mosturise my lips are, 
Classic Carmex moisturising lip balm £2.69
Nivea milk and honey lip balm £1.99
H&M Vanilla Apple lip balm with Shea butter £1.50

The next step after lip balm is lip pencils, 
Sometimes I only use lip liner and no lipstick. So this step is pretty important for me, I overdraw my lips when I'm fake tanned because I prefer the look of an overdrawn lip on tanned skin. I love overdrawing my lips I just think it creates a nice dimmension to my lips. So I use three different products for this look, I use all three sometimes and other times just one or two. It all depends on how I feel at the time of doing my makeup, so the products I use are, 
MUA lip liner- Caramel Nougat £1.00 
Model co Nude illusion lip liner £16
Seventeen lip liner- Rose Blush £--

The next product I use would be a lipstick, I occationally use another product after the lip liner and if I do I apply it all over the lips and over the parts of the lips that I have overdrawn. Sometimes I do want a more standout nude lip and if I do I use they's products, 

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Laquer- Charm Offensive £7.00
I really enjoy this product I love the applicator that this product has, but It does apply a lot of product and I prefer using less when it comes to this product. I use a lip brush with this and it works really well.  

This is the other lipstick I would use if I wanted a quick application because the soap and glory one does take some time to apply properly but this is just a swipe and go product. I have a few different shades from this lipstick line and they all work really well. This is the, 
The body shop delipscious sheer lip colour- 01 £--

As I hope you can tell I go for a more pink nude lip rather than a brown nude lip, I just think the pink side of a nude lip suits me best.
 I really hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you like any of the products I mentioned in the comments or tweet me @backgroundblogg 
Stay tuned for the next blog post, it's going to be a good one! 

Beth- The Background Blogger




No comments:

Post a Comment